Other Financing Options for Real Estate Investors
In the last several classes, we covered a variety of traditional financing options, including nothing-down financing, low down payment financing, conventional financing, and portfolio loans. These options represent the overwhelming majority of financing options used when purchasing properties.
However, there are a handful of financing options that are used infrequently, but it's still important to be aware of them. In this mini-class, we will discuss these other financing options, including private money, hard money, utilizing partners for financing, home equity lines of credit, owner financing, life insurance, self-directed retirement accounts, subject to and wrap financing, lease-options/lease-purchases, and foregoing financing to pay cash.
Check out the video from this class here:
In this class, James discusses:
- Primary financing types that make up 90%+ of all loans
- Creative financing: owner financing, wrap financing, lease-options/lease-purhcases, loan assumption, subject to, etc
- Private financing
- Hard money
- Line of credit (HELOCs)
- Buying properties for cash
- Partnerships (utilizing all the other strategies)
- Portfolio loans
- Life insurance
- Self-directed retirement accounts
- Plus much more...